As the Be The Change Film Series enters its second decade, it turns its attention to local youth. Volunteers from the Collingwood Youth Centre will help at the Simcoe Street Theatre. Showings are at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. There is a marketplace of local vendors, food and drink from the Collingwood Food Coop down the hall and organic popcorn sold by the Collingwood Collegiate Institute’s GAIA (student environmental activists). For tickets ($10 adults, $5 youth, $50 for 6 season tickets), visit The Rock Shop, 179 Hurontario Street, in Collingwood (cash only) or purchase on line at www.BeTheChangeFilmSeries.com.
You Are What You Act
- November 21, 2018
- The film is a joyful look at the ways we can train our minds and bodies to surpass the status quo.
Call Of The Forest
- January 16, 2019
- “The Forgotten Wisdom Of Trees”
Years Of Living Dangerously
- February 20, 2019
- Climate refugees; California drought and burning Indonesian forests.
Living the Change
- March 20, 2019
- Inspiring stories of people pioneering change in their own lives and in their communities.
Sea of Life
- April 17, 2019. How we’re going to save the most important ecosystem for our survival: the ocean.